Friday, August 14, 2015

More Lately...


- I have electricity again thank you God/Dad! It feels great to re-enter the 21st century. ;)

- All the reservations, plans, etc, for next week's trip are done. We'll be staying in a beachside hotel suite (kitchenette, balcony, etc) for the first two days, then we'll move to one of my favorite hotels in a quieter part of town for the last night. If this seems a little odd, know that we wanted to stay in the quieter section for the whole trip, but due to a reservations mixup, we could only get the one night. I'm looking forward to unwinding - sleeping in, spending days stretched out on the beach with a novel and an MP3 player loaded with swimming stuff, spending the afternoons exploring, spending the evenings bonding with Mags and Cris over seafood, cool nights walking along the beach, all of it bookended by a couple hours of driving with the music up and the windows down. ;)

- I'm missing my kids terribly. This whole "taking a month off" concept is a terrible idea! (I keep telling myself that my poor boss works hard and deserves a break, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to survive this.) How much maintenance can the pool possible need?

- I read this post on one of my favorite blogs today and it's been on my heart ever since. I remember reading her words a year ago and thinking then (as I do now) how her words were so infinitely perfect, beautiful, and heartbreaking. Praying for Disney.

- I'm ready for fall. It's not just missing my kids, but also looking forward to warm jackets, cozy scarves, hot drinks, tall boots, and dropping back into my fall routine. It's my favorite time of year. :)

No comments: