Monday, July 27, 2015

Going On Lately...

- I've been doing a lot of adventuring lately: dinner after swim with Cris and a long walk around Solomons Island (and discovered a new restaurant tucked away behind the boatyard, perfect for a future adventure), Saturday morning bananagrams and coffee with Maggie, take-out bbq by the pool with Anna. I'm liking the pace of this summer.

- I found individual canteloupes at the farmer's market on Saturday and I can't wait to try one! A whole canteloupe always goes bad before I can eat it on my own.

- Also, I planted a dozen pumpkins seeds last week, and eight have sprouted and seem to be doing great. I'm excited; I've always wanted to grow my own pumpkins. Last night I rinsed my spinach seeds and I'm waiting for them to sprout. Actually, I'm thinking about doing another round of seeds and having a small fall garden this year. I'm thinking broccoli, squash, greens (spinach and lettuce, possibly some cabbage?), and carrots. I need to make a decision quickly...

- Speaking of fall... don't hate me, but I'm pretty excited for it. We've had a couple of cool mornings this week that reminded me why fall is my favorite season, and I'm looking forward to getting back into my fall routine, seeing the triplets on a more regular basis, and getting another year of swim rolling (and I miss my fall coaches. I can't wait to see them again!). That said, I'm still a little sad about summer ending. It's been a really good one and I've enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed most summers.

- Also: fall planning. I'm mostly excited with a little bit of overwhelmed thrown in for good measure. I have meetings with both mom-boss and swim-boss scheduled over the next couple of weeks to get our plans laid out for fall. So much planning to do for the triplets! I'm going to try to come up with a different theme for each week and prep everything that way, so we can decide at the beginning of each week which activities/crafts we want to pull out. We'll see how it works.

No comments: