Thursday, May 21, 2015

Today

I have... my windows open. It's cold (less than 60 degrees out today!) and dripping rain, and I'm listening to the raindrops on the roof.

I smell... the candles I'm burning: "Rainy Spring Day" and "Silver Birch." The flicker and glow of the latter against my gray walls is absolutely beautiful.

I am wearing... a long-sleeved tee and fleece pants, both from the pile of clothes I've been meaning to store away for days.

I am working on... lesson plans. Today was mostly for Abigail - lots of math games and creative writing. But I still need to put together stuff for the triplets.

I am looking forward to... swim tonight. My favorite class to teach, even if one of my favorite students is in Disney World for the week.

I am feeling... sad. And today, I'm not going to talk myself out of it, or keep moving forward; I'm just going to be sad. I don't like the way God is writing the Story lately. Faith is hard.

I am thinking about... my best friend, whose birthday it is today. Happy birthday, bestie! :)

No comments: