Sunday, February 1, 2015

More Things I Love

- The water. I love the water. I love to swim (and let me just clarify, again, that I swim terribly. I am never going to drown, but my technique is crap.). I love rivers, ponds, the ocean. I love fountains and waterfalls. I think maybe I'm really part water creature. (Judging from my physique, that water creature is probably a whale or a manatee. LOL!)

- Kids. I don't think I love anything more than I love children. I didn't always feel like this, and I'm not sure there was a magical "aha!" moment when I changed, but somewhere over the last few years I realized that kids make my heart happy. Even when they're sick, grumpy, difficult, etc. I love watching them learn and grow and succeed and become people.

- Coffee. Nectar of the gods. Elixir of life. Fuel for accomplishments. I'm convinced that nothing of worth gets accomplished without coffee.

- Going barefoot. Something about being barefoot just grounds me. I don't buy into the whole New Age bit about vibes and letting off bad karma and whatnot... but there must be something to it, cuz even God told Moses to lose the shoes. ;)

No comments: