Saturday, April 5, 2014

The New Normal

It's baaaaaaaaack!

:)

Ladies and gentlemen... I have my life back. The mama is back to lifting, and the family took advantage of the fact that she's feeling well but can't return to work yet by going on vacation to see family. I get this entire weekend off. My only jobs next week are to take Abby to school and teach swim, and I just found out our Friday swim class was cancelled, so I have a long weekend. And the week after that is Abby's spring break, so I have a whole week to hang out with my girl and do fun stuff and take field trips and play with cousins and generally enjoy life. :)

Anyway. I swear it'll be a long, long time before I complain about being busy. ;)

In other news...

- It's starting to feel like spring, slowly but surely. There have been a couple of days where it felt nice, having the windows open in the trailer or driving with the windows down. My seedlings have begun poking their heads above ground and I'm excited about watching them grow and produce fruit.

- I have two major outdoor projects I want to get done this week: make a vertical planter out of the pallet I made my dad help me steal rescue, and make a hammock stand. Because, folks, I want a hammock. I want to lay in the sun and soak up vitamin D and take a nap.

- I probably should have stayed home today and gotten stuff done, but instead, Maggie and I took off to go do some shopping, enjoy a leisurely lunch at Chevy's, and see Divergent with Chris and Natalie. I did not have high hopes for this film (I rarely do with book adaptations) so I was pleasantly surprised when I loved it. It really captured the spirit of the books. And I hate to admit this, but I was in love with Four from the moment he walked onscreen. Before I even knew who he was. Mm. ;)

- First VBS rehearsal tomorrow! So excited/nervous/etc. Just like every year lol! I can't wait to get the ball rolling and watch as everything starts to emerge.

- Guess what I found at Wal-Mart yesterday? BROADCHURCH!!! Yay for David Tennant! (I love the idea of him in a beard, however Maggie feels) Can't wait to start watching this week. :)

No comments: