Friday, April 11, 2014

Lovely Days

I just can't say it enough - spring is really here! :) I'm so happy. You can tell because it's reached 85 degrees inside my trailer for the past two days, and I don't even care. (I'm determined not to turn my AC on yet, even though - living in a tin can - I know I'll be turning it on way earlier than most people.) It still cools quite a bit at night, and I'm loving the rhythm. Although Fall remains my favorite season, Spring - at least until those pesky allergens pop out! - is a close second. Is there someplace in the world that's warm during the day and cool at night all the time?! I will totally move there!

Last night I hosted a small cookout with my siblings and some friends. Note to self: it cost less than $25 to feed eight people hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, chips, Capri Sun, and still have leftovers. I'd bought ingredients for s'mores, but we never actually got around to making them - next time! The fire pit was so much fun to sit around, but I started reacting to the smoke almost immediately, and had to pop Benadryl before going to bed. :( Today most of my symptoms are receding, but my eyes are still puffy and swollen, and I can't get my left eye to take my contact. :( All this to say - I'm really lusting after a propane pit. Maybe next year.

I thought it was this morning to watch the girls climb out of their cozy enclosed bed and come nap on the top level where it's coolest. Time to break out their hammocks and open beds before I have roast rat! :)

I'm feeling totally lazy/tired today... I'm not admitting how late I got up, and even then I made myself get up, but I could have easily slept longer. I did sort a very few items on my "stuff to sort/discard/etc" pile, and I did manage to pull out the off-season clothing bins and pull out the warm weather clothes... though I didn't actually manage to get all the cold-weather clothes packed away yet lol! Mostly what I'd like to do in this heat is to take a nap. :)

Also added to my to-do list: buy a fan for my sleeping compartment. I forgot that it's easily the warmest spot in the place. :(

Abigail has spring break next week, and already we have a "bucket list" of things she wants to do: go out to lunch with Maggie at our favorite Mexican place, get Allen to take us for a ride in his Jeep with the top off, and go on a playdate with Lilly at the Jumpyard. Also on the list (though she doesn't know it yet, lol): stop for froyo at Sweet Frog. ;)

I'm undecided about what to do with my seedlings. Of the sixty seeds I planted, only three corn and nine cucumber (or watermelon... did you know how similar they look at this stage?!) have actually sprouted. I was willing to be patient, but seeing as Sunday marks three weeks since I planted them, I think I'm going to give up the unsprouted ones for lost and replant the peat pods with my next batch, which includes green beans, lettuce, pumpkins, peppers, and tomatoes. I'm going to try to start my own seeds as much as possibly, and fill in the gaps in May when the danger of frost is over.

I wish my BFF's mom lived nearby... I wish she could come over, have a cup of tea, and explain to me what I'm doing wrong! :(

Well, I'm off to try to finish getting the winter clothes packed away, have a cup of iced raspberry leaf tea, and maybe take that nap before rehearsal tonight. ;) Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: