Saturday, September 8, 2012

Blogging Break

I need to clean today. Desperately. And I was procrastinating, laying on my bed reading blogs on my tablet, until I read Kelle's post for today. She, too, is cleaning. But avoiding procrastinating.

The funny thing is, I was doing exactly the same thing: thinking that if I just ran out to get a cup of coffee, sense the energy of a Saturday morning, got a new candle to "inspire" me "as I cleaned" (yeah, right!!!), I would come home and be productive. I had to crack up at how well she had me pegged - just as she would have come home, lit her candle, and lay down, I would have ended up curled on my bed watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, bemoaning the fact that I lived in a room that looked post-apocalyptically messy.

As of right now, I'm not done cleaning, but I have gotten enough done that I feel it justifies a blogging break. :) (Update: I did get most if not all of the cleaning done, eventually.)

Allen and I went on a "date" last night, first to JoAnns so I could pick up some yarn for a crocheted present (and that's the last I'm gonna say, in case the lucky somebody happens to read my blog, lol!) and then to the coffeeshop for some Italian sodas and free wifi. We sat for an hour in the cutest, peaceful-est coffeeshop, he at a table with his laptop and I curled in an oversized leather armchair with my tablet, soaking up the Motown and Soul tunes playing over the radio, sipping the most beautific mandarin-orange soda, downloading free Kindle books with abandon and marveling at how much I loved being alive.

Or, at least, that's what I was doing. Allen was graphing something - something involving lots of mathematical equations and increasing output and changing input and flux capacitors. :) And he was downloading some satellite tracking software? I don't think he was having quite the same experience I was, but we were getting to spend some time together and I guess, in the long run, that's all that matters.

I got six things checked off my bucket list this week! :) Quick recap:

  • #2: Maggie and I went to Starbucks the very first day of September to get some Caramel Apple Spices. A-mazing. I don't really like their Pumpkin Spice latte, but it made me happy that it was in stock. :) However, I DO love Dunkin Donuts and Wawa's pumpkin coffee, so I was ECSTATIC when I found out they had started carrying it again! I may even buy some K-cups to stash at Chris and Natalie's. :)
  • #6: I bought my first Christmas present on Thursday. Predictably, it was for Khy. :) Since he doesn't read my blog, I feel safe in saying that I found the most awesome plastic/fabric-y coloring book that can be colored on with markers, and then rinsed under running water, and it becomes blank again. Magic. :) I've also started on one homemade Christmas gift, even though... yeah. Not going so great. :/
  • #24: Okay, I didn't actually buy a sweater this week, but I did wear it for the very first time! I actually bought it on clearance several weeks ago and have resisted the urge to style it up until it was officially September. It's orange, it's dolman sleeve, it's sooo comfy. Wait - I just realized I did buy a sweater this month - this one! - but I haven't worn it yet. So either way, I'm covered. :)
  • #38: This was one of my favorites! I had fun collecting music and discovered some new jams along the way. Some of my favorite picks that I've been playing over, and over, and over again: Just Breathe and The End by Pearl Jam, Buckets of Rain by Beth Orton, and Come And Find Me by Josh Ritter. 
  • #43: Boots! How I love thee! Now all I need is a really good, cold day to wear them. *sigh* I debated between these and these, but ended up going with the Trixie, and I'm sooo glad I did. I love the beautiful cognac color and they fit beautifully! I've already styled them up with a couple different outfits, but it's just been too warm to justify boots. 
  • #46: Oh, and it was amazing...

What else is new? Oh, yes... On Thursday night, I dyed my hair back to its natural ultra dark state (or as close as I could estimate). While I can tell it looks nice, I already miss the fact that it gets dirty so much quicker when it's dark. Or that I had to throw out all my peach-toned cosmetics because they just looked weird with darker hair. *sigh* Not quite sure what I'm gonna do about this yet.

No comments: